The Co-Ownership program
What is « co-ownership » and how does it work exactly?
- You buy a share in a new Pilatus PC-12 relative to your flying needs. This gives guaranteed access to the fleet of aircraft anywhere in Europe with a response time between 18 & 48 hours (depending on the share size).
- Jetfly operates the plane for you and takes care of all the technical and legal aspects of aircraft ownership. You do not pay for positioning flights or empty legs.
- You have access to a fleet of 22 identical PC12’s, 365 days a year - this guarantees that an aircraft will be available.
- Fixed monthly fees for 5 years, with no hidden costs.
How long are we involved in the contract?
- The contract runs for 10 years with a break at the 5 year mark with no penalty.
- After ten years your aircraft is sold and you will receive the residual value of your share relative to its size. The Pilatus PC-12 has one of the lowest levels of depreciation in private aviation (+/- 5% per year).
Who pays the « extra » costs like landing fees, overnight parking, hotel nights for pilots..., etc.?
Co-owners do not need to worry or pay for overnight stops, positioning or “empty legs”. Regardless of where the aircraft is and where it goes after your flight, we will only invoice you for the time you spend on board.
Can I fly more hours or fewer hours per year than allowed by my share?
Yes, Jetfly allows you to transfer 20% of your hours from one year to another.
Can I fly everywhere in Europe? Can you explain the concept of Zone I and Zone II?
Yes, you can fly everywhere in Europe – Please refer to our operational map. Zone I is « central » Europe countries. Zone II covers countries where operational costs of flying are higher, so the price is greater per hour.
How early should I book the flight?
You can book via e-mail or call within your guaranteed response time - 18h-48h (depending on share size). A team of professionals is at your disposal 24/7, 365 days per year for assistance and booking. Your aircraft will be available for you anywhere in Europe. Should you not be within our guaranteed response time we will always try our best to find you a solution.
Can I book two aircraft at the same time?
A second aircraft is subject to availability and depending on your share size. The Jetfly team will endeavor to fulfil any request.
Can you offer catering or taxi service?
Yes, we can arrange taxi’s or executive cars and order any specific catering you may wish for (food & Alcohol).
The aircraft, the crew and the airports
What type of aircraft is the Pilatus PC-12? What is its history?
The Pilatus PC-12 is a Swiss built, single engine turbo-prop (a turbine drives the propeller). Since production started in 1991, the Pilatus PC-12 has been one of the great success stories in commercial aviation, with more than 1 500 aircraft sold - making it the bestselling turbine-powered business aircraft in the world. This achievement is due to an outstanding track record of reliability and a reputation for its versatility.
Is it safe to fly a Pilatus PC-12?
The PC-12 is one of the safest aircraft in the industry and has an incredibly low accident rate; safer than many twin engine business jets (Aircraft Accident Analysis, Robert E. Breiling Associates).
What is the speed and range of the Pilatus PC-12?
Maximum cruising speed is 285 Knots and a range with 3 passengers of 2 800 km (1550 NM).
How many passengers can it take?
It can take 6 passengers in the executive configuration with the possibility to carry 8 people (on short flights and with restricted luggage).
How much luggage can we carry?
The Pilatus PC-12 has a large luggage space and a big cargo door for oversized pieces. With 6 people on board, luggage will be limited to +/- one medium size suitcase per person.
Where are the aircraft registered?
In Luxembourg where the head office of Jetfly is based.
Where are the aircraft based?
Our aircraft are always flying throughout Europe to serve all our co-owners. After the end of a scheduled flight, the crew stops or joins another airport for the next flight.
Where do you do maintenance of the fleet?
Our aircraft are maintained continuously in Authorised Pilatus Centers, including Bournemouth in the UK, Ruag in Geneva and Stans at the Pilatus factory.
When Jetfly was created?
Jetfly was created in 1999.
What is the Jetfly fleet comprised of now?
- On the 1st January 2018, we are operating 25 aircraft: 19 Pilatus PC-12’s under fractional ownership and 6 managed aircraft (3 Citation CJ3’s and 3 Pilatus PC-12’s).
- Jetfly has also ordered 4 Pilatus PC-24’s and will be the European launch customer.
How many pilots do you have and how many hours do captains have?
We have 80 full time pilots employed with Jetfly who are the most experienced PC-12 pilots in Europe (with an average per captain of 2 500 hours of Pilatus PC-12). The team includes pilots with special mountain qualifications which make them experts when flying to places such as Courchevel.